Charles O. Beckley
Areas Of Practice
- Appellate Practice
- Business Litigation
- Labor and Employment Law (Management)
- Real Property Zoning and Land Use Law
- Pennsylvania, 1986
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- Columbia Law School, New York, New York
- J.D. - 1986
- Honors: Moot Court Stone Honor Competition Finalist, 1984-1985
- Honors: Moot Court Stone Honor Competition Student Judge, 1985-1986
- Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1983
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Honors: Omicron Delta Kappa
- Major: History
- Harkness v. Unemployment Compensation Board of Review, 591 Pa. 543, 920 A.2d 162, 2007
- Lobar, Inc. v. Lycoming Masonry, Inc., 876 A.2d 997, 2005, Pa.Super.
- Laborers International Union of North America, AFL-CIO and Eshbach Brothers, LP, and International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 542, AFL-CIO, 344 NLRB No. 4, 2005
- Fox v. The Mayor and Town Council of the Borough of Chambersburg, 744 A.2d 808, 2000, Pa.Cmwlth.
- Vartan v. Reed, 677 A.2d 357, 1996, Pa.Cmwlth.
- West Hanover Township v. Pennsylvania Labor Relations Board, 646 A.2d 625, 1994, Pa.Cmwlth.
- Gates v. Servicemaster Commercial Service, 631 A.2d 677, 537 Pa. 610, 641 A.2d 310, 1994, (Pa.Super. 1993) appeal denied
- T.R. Rollason, Inc. v. West Hanover Township Board of Supervisors, 573 A.2d 1165, 1990, Pa.Cmwlth.
- Creason v. Unemployment Compensation Board of Review, 554 A.2d 177, 1989, Pa.Cmwlth.
- Land Use Law: Current Issues in Subdivision, Annexation and Zoning, National Business Institute, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, 2007 to 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association, Member, Court Rules Committee
- Cumberland County Bar Association
- Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, Member, Hearing Committee, 2000 to 2000
Pro Bono Activities
- Member, Department of Education Academic Advisory Team for Harrisburg School District, 2000 to 2000
- Member, Session, Christ Presbyterian Church, 1999 to 2001
- Member, Session, Christ Presbyterian Church, 2004 to Present
- Member, Board of Directors of The Harrisburg Singers, 1992 to Present
- Member, The Harrisburg Singers, 1995 to Present